Platinum Fitness was founded in Tucson, Arizona in 1991, as an alternative to gyms that require signing a contract. Mr. Edward Nissan is President and Ms. Kyla Martin is Supervisor. There are currently two locations, Platinum Eastside and Platinum Golflinks, both in Tucson, Arizona.
Platinum Fitness is a complete gym offering weight and cardio equipment as well as group classes focusing on the cardio circuit, yoga, Zumba, and Les Mills workouts. Certified personal trainers are available to tailor workout programs for each customer’s specific fitness level and goals. Each location also has a child activity center to keep customer’s children safe and entertained while their parents work out. Group classes are offered every day at a variety of times to fit in to just about anyone’s busy schedule.
New members to Platinum Fitness can get started with a free 7-day pass to take advantage of all the equipment, classes, and childcare available. At this time, new members can enroll for just $1 with no contract. There are several membership levels to choose from that start as low as $10 per month and go up to $30+ per month. Lower priced memberships give customers access to the basic gym equipment while going up in price will add access to amenities such as locker room, pool, group classes, fitness challenges, and fitness boot camp. Personal training and childcare are extra costs on top of the monthly membership.
If you have decided for any reason to cancel your Platinum Fitness membership, we are here to help you. We’ve created an instructional guide that walks you through step-by-step on how to contact the company and what information you will need when you do. Keep reading for more information.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Account Number
- Date of Birth
- Amount of Last Charge
- Date of Last Charge
- Last 4 Digits of Card
- Billing Address
- ZIP/Postal Code
- Reason for Cancellation
- Create a letter and request cancellation within it. Provide all of your account info as listed. Sign and date the letter and keep a copy for your records.
- Using certified mail, send your letter to the address provided to you by the gym
- Pick up your phone and call the phone number for the gym you signed up at or attended most frequently after your letter is received to ensure your account is cancelled
- Ask the representative for a receipt, email, or confirmation number
- It’s important to keep the info about your cancellation, just in case!
- Pick up your phone and call the phone number for the gym you signed up at or attended most frequently
- Ask for information about cancelling your account
- Help the representative locate your account by providing the info they ask for
- Ask if you are in a contract or free to cancel
- If asked to send a letter follow our instructions to do so!