Life Time Fitness is a chain of luxurious health clubs located throughout the United States and Canada. The company was founded in 1990 as FCA, Ltd. In 1992, the company rebranded as Life Time Fitness, Inc. The first club location opened in Brooklyn Park, MN. Most of the locations were located within suburban areas. The founder of the company is Bahram Akradi. Akradi still serves as the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Life Time Fitness. The company is privately owned by Leonard Green and Partners TPG Capital. The headquarters are located in Chanhassen, MN. There are Life Time Fitness locations in 30 states, including Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. There are two locations in Canada, located in Ajax and Vaughan.
Membership includes access to cardio machines, strength machines, free weights & kettlebells, Olympic-Style weight platforms, functional training areas, stretching areas & equipment, workout workshops, and online weight loss programs. In addition, there are also some luxurious amenities, including private locker rooms, family locker rooms, fresh towel service, premium toiletries & hair dryers, steam rooms, saunas, whirlpools, and lounges equipped with WiFi access. Classes are also available.
Membership pricing varies by location but starts at $39.99 per month. Family and children plans are available as well. Sometimes it can be a hassle to cancel gym memberships. We have created a cancellation guide that includes steps to cancel your membership as well as contact details. To cancel your membership, follow the cancellation instructions on this page.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Numbe
- Account Number
- Date of Birth
- Last 4 Digits of Card
- Date of Last Charge
- Amount of Last Charge
- Email Address
- Billing Address
- ZIP/Postal Code
- Reason for Cancellation
- Create a letter and request cancellation within it. Provide all of your account info as listed. Sign and date the letter and keep a copy for your records.
- Using certified mail, send your letter to the address provided to you by the gym
- Pick up your phone and call the phone number for the gym you signed up at or attended most frequently after your letter is received to ensure your account is cancelled
- Ask the representative for a receipt, email, or confirmation number
- It’s important to keep the info about your cancellation, just in case!
- Pick up your phone and call the phone number for the gym you signed up at or attended most frequently
- Ask for information about cancelling your account
- Help the representative locate your account by providing the info they ask for
- Ask if you are in a contract or free to cancel
- If asked to send a letter follow our instructions to do so!