EveryBody Fitness, LLC is headquartered in Kettering, Ohio. It started in 2012 and now has eight fitness center locations in Ohio. Owners and operators have over 35 years of experience in the fitness industry and include Mr. Wesley Harrell, Owner, Mr. Camdon Harrell, Manager, Ms. Brittney Harrell, Office Manager, and Ms. Lisa McCormick, Corporate Administrator.
EveryBody Fitness is a fully functional gym with cardiovascular machines, strength training equipment, free weights, indoor track, functional training equipment, and group classes that include Zumba, PIYO, Yoga, Sculpting, Mat Pilates, and Hula Hoop. Additional amenities include personal training, tanning, childcare, locker rooms with showers, small group and specialized training.
New members of EveryBody Fitness can take advantage of a 30-day free pass. After the free 30 days are up, members have the option of three membership plans. The Silver Plan is $19.95 per month and gives access to cardio and strength equipment, free weight area, and equipment orientation, all at the home club selected. The Gold Plan is $24.95 per month and includes all that the Silver Plan offers, plus group fitness, cardio theater, ladies only clubs, and monthly workout adjustment. The Platinum Plan is $29.95 per month and includes all that the Gold Plan offers, at any of the eight clubs, plus access to the sauna, racquetball, indoor track, childcare, and unlimited tanning, as well as online nutrition, menus, and personalized goal tracking. Promotions are run often with the current promotion being 75% off start-up fees.
If you have a membership with EveryBody Fitness and would like to cancel for any reason, we can help. Included in this article is a complete instructional guide on how to contact the company along with the pieces of information they’ll need when you do. Continue reading for more assistance.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Account Number
- Date of Birth
- Amount of Last Charge
- Date of Last Charge
- Last 4 Digits of Card
- Billing Address
- ZIP/Postal Code
- Reason for Cancellation
- Create a letter and request cancellation within it. Provide all of your account info as listed. Sign and date the letter and keep a copy for your records.
- Using certified mail, send your letter to the address provided to you by the gym
- Pick up your phone and call the phone number for the gym you signed up at or attended most frequently after your letter is received to ensure your account is cancelled
- Ask the representative for a receipt, email, or confirmation number
- It’s important to keep the info about your cancellation, just in case!
- Pick up your phone and call the phone number for the gym you signed up at or attended most frequently
- Ask for information about cancelling your account
- Help the representative locate your account by providing the info they ask for
- Ask if you are in a contract or free to cancel
- If asked to send a letter follow our instructions to do so!