Curves International, doing business as Curves for Women, is a privately held company that was founded in 1992 in Harlingen, Texas. It is now headquartered in Waco, Texas. Key executives at Curves International are Gary Heavin, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, and Diane Heavin, Co-Founder and Publisher of Diane Magazine, with Mike Raymond listed as the only Board Member. Other names for Curves International include Curves Fitness and simply Curves.
Curves is a chain of independently owned and operated franchises with approximately 409 locations across the United States and upwards of 10,000 locations in 39 countries across the world. It is a women-only gym best known for its 30-minute circuit workouts. The circuit includes specific machines that are proportioned more for a woman’s size and target each of the major muscle groups for a full-body workout in a short amount of time. In recent years, they’ve added classes for higher cardio achievement, boxing, as well as low-intensity basics and balance. The company has also added complementary health products such as vitamins, supplements, shakes, and branded accessories including workout towels, extra-cushioned socks, and lunch totes. In 2014, Curves partnered with Jillian Michaels, fitness guru known for her role on The Biggest Loser, to create a fitness program titled Curves Workouts.
Regular membership fees run between $45 to $50 per month. Curves will often run special promotions such as getting six weeks for $99 and no enrollment fee, and discounts can often be found on Groupon for one, two or three-month membership packages.
If you need assistance in cancelling your Curves International membership, we can help. We have included a simple guide that will instruct you on how to contact the company to cancel. Also included is what information you will need to have handy when you reach out to cancel your membership.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Billing Address
- Account Number
- Date of Birth
- Amount of Last Charge
- Email Address
- ZIP/Postal Code
- Reason for Cancellation
- Last 4 Digits of Card
- Date of Last Charge
- Create a letter and request cancellation within it. Provide all of your account info as listed. Sign and date the letter and keep a copy for your records.
- Using certified mail, send your letter to the address provided to you by the gym
- Pick up your phone and call the phone number for the gym you signed up at or attended most frequently after your letter is received to ensure your account is cancelled
- Ask the representative for a receipt, email, or confirmation number
- It’s important to keep the info about your cancellation, just in case!
- Pick up your phone and call the phone number for the gym you signed up at or attended most frequently
- Ask for information about cancelling your account
- Help the representative locate your account by providing the info they ask for
- Ask if you are in a contract or free to cancel
- If asked to send a letter follow our instructions to do so!