Vivint is a home security provider. It offers home security products as well as professional installation and 24/7 monitoring. Vivint provides the peace of mind that your home is protected whether you are there are not. If you find that you no longer need their services the cancellation process is straightforward. All cancellations made during your contract term must be done in writing. When writing your notice to cancel you must include the date, service number, a written note, and a valid signature.
To Cancel by Mail
- Compose a letter detailing that you would like to cancel your services.
- Include the required information detailed in the paragraph above.
- Mail the letter to 4931 North 300 West, Provo UT 84604-5816.
To Cancel by Fax
- Follow steps one and two above.
- Fax the letter to 801-377-4116.
To Cancel by Email
- Follow steps one and two of the previous options
- Email the letter to email@example.com
*Please note if you are cancelling by email you must use the email address associated with your Vivint account.
To Cancel by Phone*
- Call 1-800-216-5232.
- When prompted, enter extension 5020.
- Notify a customer service agent that you would like to cancel your services.
*Cancellation by phone is only available if you are at the end of your service agreement.
- Vivint offers a Right of Rescission. This agreement allows you to cancel your service without any penalty. The terms of the Right of Rescission can be found in your service agreement.
- If you cancel before your service agreement is over you must find someone to take over the contract or pay the remaining balance on your account.
- Vivint allows cancellation without penalty to military service members who are deployed to an area where Vivint services are not offered.
- Vivint will consider special circumstances such as bankruptcy or illness to allow you to cancel your account early. They will require proper documentation.