TransUnion is a consumer credit reporting agency. They are one of the most well-known providers of credit scores and reports. The information provided by TransUnion is often used in determining creditworthiness for matters such as buying a home or car or obtaining a credit report. Because your credit history can be a key component of your buying power, it is important that you know and monitor your creditworthiness. TransUnion offers services that can help you keep track of your credit score and quickly discover if something is wrong. From credit reporting to data security monitoring, TransUnion provides users with the ability to have the knowledge they need to make informed buying decisions and keep their identity safe. If you love TransUnion’s services but have found you no longer need them, cancellation is easy. We have provided a simple guide to help you out.
To get started canceling your TransUnion membership, you will need some or all of the following information:
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
To Cancel Online:
- Log in to your TransUnion account by navigating to the company website at Transunion.com and clicking on member login in the upper right corner.
- Click on the “Support” link, located in the upper right corner.
- Choose “Manage Your Subscription” from the top of the page.
- Follow the online prompts to finish your cancellation.
To Cancel by Phone
- Call TransUnion at 1-800-493-2392,
- Choose option 4 for cancellations.
- After the prompt, press 1 to confirm your selection.
- Press 2 to speak to an agent.
- Ask the representative to cancel your account.
- The representative may offer incentives to keep your account open, at this point, you will need to decline all offers to finalize cancellation.
- Request and write down your confirmation number.
Please note: Canadian accounts will need to follow a different process. Call 1-800-508-2597 and follow the prompts to cancel your account. Once you reach a representative, follow steps 5-7 listed above.