New York Sports Club is a full-service fitness gym chain with many locations in the New York area. In addition to their state of the art fitness centers, New York Sports club offers group classes, personal training, and even childcare services. New York Sports Club offers two types of memberships, obligation term memberships and memberships without obligation terms. Memberships without obligation terms can be cancelled at any time, given that notice is provided within the timeframe specified in your contract. Members with an obligation term contract will be required to pay an early termination fee unless they can provide documentation proving that the reason they are cancelling is for a relocation or medical reasons. If you find you need to cancel your membership, there are two options:
To Cancel in Person:
- Visit a New York Sports Club Gym. You can cancel at any gym, it does not have to be the one you enrolled with.*
- Ask to speak with a representative in charge of memberships.
- Request to cancel your membership.
*It may be helpful to call the gym ahead of time to ensure that they will be willing to process your cancellation and to find out if there is a certain time you need to come in to speak to someone.
To Cancel by Certified Mail:
- Find the address of your local New York Sports Club gym.
- Compose a letter indicating your desire to cancel your membership.
- Include your name, date of birth, and address.
- Sign the letter and send to the gym. New York Sports Club requires letters requesting a cancellation to be sent certified mail.
- Request a confirmation email. Be sure to include a current email address.
- If you are not ready to cancel but are unable to use your membership, you may suspend your membership at any point after the first 90 days. You will be charged a small fee to suspend your membership.
- New York Sports Club offers a free one day pass to try out their gym before you sign up.