Netflix is, perhaps, the most well-known online movie streaming service available. With offerings ranging from blockbuster movies to their own Netflix Original Content programming, the website is powerhouse in the industry. Additionally, Netflix services are available on a monthly basis, meaning there are no contracts or early termination fees.
Whether you are dissatisfied with the content, you are cutting down on expenses, or you no longer need the service, cancelling Netflix is easy. If you have decided to cancel your Netflix subscription, whatever the reason, just follow these simple steps.
Netflix is one of the few companies to streamline the cancellation process. If you are not currently logged in to your account you will need the email address and password for the account.
- Open the Netflix app or go to www.netflix.com
- Select the Sign In button in the upper right corner
- Enter the email and password for the account and select Sign In
- On the Home Page click on your User Icon in the upper right corner
- Select Your Account from the drop down menu
- Select the Cancel Membership button in the Membership & Billing section
At this point Netflix will inform you of what to expect from the cancellation process. This includes several important pieces of information.
- Cancellation goes into effect at the end of the current billing cycle
- You will receive an email confirmation
- Netflix saves your viewing preferences for 1 year, in case you change your mind
After reviewing the information, select the Complete Cancellation button. You can continue using the service until cancellation takes effect at the end of the billing cycle.