Intelius is an online background check provider. It was created to provide personal background checks for people looking to gather information on such people as neighbors, romantic interests, teachers, and other personal connections. It is not meant to be used in making determinations regarding housing, employment, or credit and is not classified as a consumer reporting agency. While the service cannot be used in a professional format, it has many benefits for someone looking to gain more information than a simple Google search would provide. Intelius searches include information regarding criminal records, court judgments, property records, and more. Though Intelius is a helpful service, you may find that you do not lead it on a long-term basis. If you need to cancel Intelius, the process is simple. To cancel your Intelius account, you will need your name, date of birth, address, and email address.
To Cancel Online
- Log in to your Intelius account by going to http:///www.intelius.com
- Click on “My Account”
- Go to “My Services” and then go to “Account Settings”
- Click the “Cancel” link.
To Cancel by Email
- Compose an email asking to cancel your account. Be sure to include your name, date of birth, and address. If you are writing from an email address other than the one associated with your account, be sure to include the email account used to establish your Intelius account.
- Request a reply email verifying your cancellation.
To Cancel by Phone
- Call 1-888-445-2727
- Request to cancel your account.
- Ask if a refund is available on your account.
- Write down the confirmation number.
- Intellius offers a 50% discount for the first month of service.
- Signing up for Intellius makes you a part of their automatic renewal program. Your services will continue to renew and you will continue to be charged until you cancel your account.