Proactiv immediately signs customers up to the automatic renewal program, even if the customer does not request a subscription. It is important to remember that, if you want to make a one-time purchase, you remember to cancel your participation in this automatic renewal. Double check that your order is not a single order with multiple payments before proceeding to cancel your participation.
- Personal information
- Proactiv account number
- Customer service number at: 1 888 414 9372 or 1 888 499 8951
- Customer service email at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shipping invoice, if you have one
Follow These Steps:
- Call the number listed. There are two listed here, because Proactiv may redirect you to one or the other. The person on the phone will ask you for the information you’ve gathered, so be sure to have it nearby.
- Follow the prompts to talk to a live person.
- Make sure to write down the name of the contact person, date, and time of the call.
- Tell the person that you want your account terminated, with any automatic billing linked to the account also terminated. Make sure to make both points clear so you will not be billed in the future.
- Check your bank account up to 60 days after your cancellation request to ensure Proactiv followed through with their cancellation promise.
- If you choose to email, ask for a confirmation email to ensure the cancellation procedure.
If the cancellation did not go through and your account is charged, call the company again and insist on a refund. Refer to the date and time of your original cancellation, as well as the name of the representative who processed the original cancellation request.