Great American Readers is a magazine subscription service often offered over the telephone. They supply a wide variety of magazine titles and genres to their customers, with the added benefit of conveniently delivering right to your door. In a Great American Readers contract, you are typically obligated to pay a monthly fee for a set period of time.
These days it is easy to get magazine-like content on the web, so many consumers are canceling their magazine subscriptions to save paper and space in their homes. If you no longer wish to receive magazines on a monthly basis, follow these steps to cancel your Great American Readers Subscription.
What You’ll Need
- Your first and last name
- The full address where you are receiving the magazines
- The phone number attached to your subscription
- The e-mail address on your account (if supplied)
- Your Date of Birth
- The number on the credit card you used to subscribe
To Cancel by Phone
- Call 1-800-269-4179.
- Verify your information. They will ask for one or more of the above items of information.
- They may tell you that you cannot cancel your contract. However, they will usually help you renegotiate the terms of your contract: for example, lowering your subscription price, or changing the term length of your contract.
- Great American Readers will only speak to the contract holder. If you are unable to make the call, you can authorize another individual to make the call for you.
- They will usually accept your address as the primary form of verification, and you can request for that to be the only information you provide. However, it is best to keep all of the above information on hand just in case.
- You may not need the number of the credit card. If you do not feel comfortable disclosing this information, you are not obligated to.