Gold’s Gym is a popular chain of fitness centers. It was first started in Venice Beach, California in 1965, and now has over 700 locations worldwide, including more than 180 international gyms. They offer a wide range of gym amenities, group classes, and personal trainers. Gold’s Gym operate franchise and corporate locations, so each gym location’s cancellation terms will vary.
If you find your Gold’s Gym membership no longer needed, follow the steps below.
*Important things to note:
- You cannot cancel online, via email or phone. You will have to cancel in person or by mail.
- You must give a 30-days notice to cancel if you have met your contract’s minimum term. If you do not, you can only cancel early due to injury or sickness, relocation, and other circumstances outlined in your contract.
- Depending on your location, there may be fees applied for cancelling and transferring. Refer to your contract and gym location.
How To Cancel Your Subscription:
You will need: Your full name, address, email address, billing details, phone number, and gym member number.
- Visit the gym location in which you signed up.
- Ask for a cancellation form.
- Fill out the requested information.
- Follow the instructions given by the gym representative.
- Make sure to document who you talked with, the date, and other information for future reference.
- Follow-up with the gym to confirm your cancellation.
Cancel via Certified Mail:
You will need to include:
- Your full name
- Your personal address used to sign up
- Last 4 digits credit card used to pay for membership
- Last 4 digits of your driver’s license
- Date of birth
- Gym member number
- Address of gym location
- Reason for cancellation
- Write a certified letter requesting to cancel.
- Include the information listed above.
- Mail it to the address listed in your contract. If you do not have it, call your local gym for the cancellation address.
- Follow up 1-2 weeks to confirm cancellation.