The EDGE Fitness Clubs provide the best balance between price and quality for anyone looking to develop a regular exercise routine in Connecticut. But, sometimes life gets in the way, and you find yourself unable to make use of your gym membership.
Don’t worry! Here’s a step-by-step guide, outlinging all the steps you’ll need to take to completely cancel your membership, while leaving the door open to re-activate in the near future if you plan on eventually getting back to the gym.
The EDGE Fitness accounts are managed by ABC Financial, the company you’ll contact for each cancellation method outlined below.
An important caveat: cancel as soon as possible. Unless you have a medical waiver, you’ll have to pay for the 30 day period after you request cancellation whether you’ll be using your membership during that time or not. This is outlined in the original agreement when you signed up for EDGE Fitness.
How To Cancel Your EDGE Fitness Clubs Membership By Phone
- Collect the following information before calling: your full legal name, the email address and phone number you used to sign up for your Edge Fitness membership, your EDGE Fitness account and/or keycard number, and your home address.
- Call ABC Financial at 1-888-827-9262 and request a cancellation. If you need confirmation of the cancellation for your records, request an email or to have a letter sent to you.
- Your cancellation will finalized 30 days after your request.
How To Cancel Your EDGE Fitness Clubs Membership By Email
- Collect the information outlined in step one above.
- Send an email request including all of the information you collected to email@example.com. Make sure to request an email or hard copy of your cancellation.
- Your cancellation will go through 30 days after your request.
Special Tip: Using a Medical Waiver For a Temporary Cancellation
You will have to pay for the 30 day period following your cancellation, unless you have a medical waiver. You can use this for a temporary cancellation. Obtain a letter from a doctor outlining the nature of your medical issue or injury.
Next, you’ll need to go to the EDGE Fitness Clubs website and find the number for your local club. Let them know you’ll send them a doctor’s note at their local address.
Include the length of time you would like your membership suspended. If your application is accepted, you won’t be charged for the length of your recovery time, with no penalties.