Dropbox is a cloud file sharing and storage system that allows individuals and businesses to keep their personal and professional documents secure and easily accessible. From free accounts that to paid account, individuals and businesses can upload files of any size to Dropbox. Offering 2 TB or more of cloud-based space, Dropbox gives people the ability to store all their files in one location.
If you’re looking to cancel your Dropbox account, here’s how.
Things You Need To Cancel Your Account
- Your Dropbox admin username to login to your account.
- Your Dropbox admin password to verify your account.
Cancel Your Dropbox Account Online
- Go to dropbox.com and login to your account using your admin username and password.
- Find and click on the tab labeled ‘admin console.’
- Locate and select the ‘billing’ tab, then click it.
- Find the tab labeled ‘manage subscriptions.’ Click it.
- Finally, when you find the button labeled ‘cancel your plan,’ select it.
- If you’re having difficulty at this stage in cancelling your account, go back to ‘admin console.’
- From ‘admin console,’ find and select the ‘help’ tab.
Cancel Your Dropbox Account via Telephone
- Log in to your account using your Dropbox admin name and password.
- Click on ‘contact support.’
- Follow the instructions to generate a pin.
- Call 1-855-337-6726.
- Follow the prompts and provide the information requested.
If you choose to cancel your Dropbox account, be warned that they will only hold onto your deleted files for 30 days. After that, you may lose access to any file that you have not backed up elsewhere.