DirectTV is one of the country’s largest satellite TV providers. The company, a subsidiary of AT&T was founded in 1994 in California. As a satellite provider, they are a great alternative to cable services, providing a greater area of coverage and competitive pricing. Their services usually include a lineup of over 200 channels and are typically offered as part of a contract agreement. They also offer bundling services with internet and telephone providers. In addition to their regular TV package, subscribers have the option to add movie or sports packages. DirectTV offers many great services, but you may find you no longer wish to keep your services. If this is the case, the cancellation process is easy. To get started, you will need some basic billing information including your name, address, phone number, and account number.
To Cancel Your Account
- Contact customer service at 1-800-288-2020.
- Follow the prompts to speak with a customer service agent.
- Ask the customer service representative to cancel your account. You will be able to choose whether you want the cancellation to be effective immediately or on a certain date.
- Request a final billing amount and the date the final payment will be due.
- Ask the representative for a confirmation number. Be sure to write this number down for reference.
- If you do not cancel any of your DirectTV services, including seasonal sports memberships, they will automatically renew.
- If you are within your contract term, you may have to pay an early termination fee.
- You should expect a final bill from DirectTV which may include any prorated charges, unpaid fees, and if applicable, an early termination fee. If you have automatic payments set up, this final bill will be pulled from your associated card.
- If you are unsure whether you are ready to cancel, DirectTV offers options to suspend your account. Additionally, if you are relocating, the services can be transferred.