Archives.com is an online collection of resources that provides everything members need to discover their family’s roots. The website provides an extensive collection of digital records including newspapers, records, photos, and more. Members gain access to the databases by paying a monthly fee. The service is easy to navigate and provides users with a one-stop destination for everything needed to build their family tree. If you have finished your family tree or find that you no longer need your Archives.com membership, cancelling is easy. We have gathered the steps to cancel and outlined them below:
- Ancestory.com offers a free 14 day trial. You must cancel within the 14 days to avoid being charged.
- Payment can be made through credit card or through your PayPal account.
Cancel through your Online Portal
- Visit the membership options page at https://www.archives.com/signin?returnUrl=%2Faccount%2Fcancel
- Follow the online prompts.
Cancel by Email
- Email support@Archives.com
- Provide the name and email address associated with your account.
- Request cancellation. Be sure to request email confirmation of cancellation.
Cancel through Automated Phone System
*You will need to gather some information before you call customer service. You need will need to provide the name, email address, last four numbers of credit card (or date of last billing), and zip code associated with your account.
- Call customer service at 888-896-4442
- Select option 2
- Follow automated prompts.
- Obtain confirmation number
Cancel through Customer Service Representative
- Call 888-896-4442
- Select option 1.
- Ask a representative to cancel your membership.
- Obtain confirmation
*Note: talking to a live customer service representative will require less information to be provided.