Anytime Fitness is a 24-hour health company owned by Self Esteem Brands LLC. Chuck Runyon, Jeff Klinger, and Dave Mortensen founded the fitness business in 2002. The company has 3,000 locations in 20 countries.
Anytime Fitness provides free, seven-day trials to individuals. Individuals can also sign up for annual memberships.
Here’s how you can cancel your Anytime Fitness Membership.
How to Cancel
Information You’ll Need
- Membership ID
- Credit Card
- Cancellation Request Letter
- Payment Statement from ABC Financial Services.
Steps to Cancel
Important Note: Anytime Fitness does not have a standard cancellation policy for users. The company claims individual clubs determine their cancellation policies.
- Please refer to your Anytime Fitness terms and conditions to learn how to cancel your membership.
- Hand the physical letter to the club’s owner directly requesting to cancel your policy.
- Keep physical copies of all letters you’ve submitted to Anytime Fitness.
- You may take several attempts before your efforts are successful.
In Person (Recommended Method)
- Prepare a written cancellation letter 40 days before your membership expires.
- Locate your club’s name and address at https://www.anytimefitness.com/find-gym/.
- Get your club’s physical address and phone number.
- Refer to your contract. (Visit the club and ask for a contract if you cannot find your copy).
- Examine the cancellation policy in your terms and conditions.
- Get your membership payment history from ABC Financial Services (the gym’s biller) at [email protected] or 888-827-9262.
- Make two copies of your billing statement. Keep the second one for your files.
- Write a printed letter. Request to cancel your services with Anytime Fitness.
- Include your name, email address, membership identification number, and home address.
- Provide your membership expiration date.
- Drive to the club with a physical copy of your cancellation letter and payment history statement. (Prepare to pay any final fees).
- Ask to speak to the manager.
- Tell the individual you’d like to cancel your membership.
- Provide them with the letter and pay all final fees. Request a receipt.
- After submitting your request, ask the manager to write a confirmation letter on paper with the Anytime Fitness letterhead.
- If the manager will only place a “Secondary Status” on your letterhead, ask them to email you a final cancellation letter.
- You’ll receive a final cancellation confirmation. Keep the statement.
- Contact ABC Financial at [email protected] or 888-827-9262 after your subscription expires. Confirm that the company is no longer charging you.
- Follow steps 1-10 in the “In Person” tutorial section. In your letter, ask for the cancellation confirmation on paper using the company’s letterhead.
- Send your letter by certified mail.
- You’ll get confirmation that your letter arrived from the U.S. Postal Service.
- Contact your gym to ensure the manager received the letter.
- Monitor for additional charges once your cancellation request is confirmed.
- Contact ABC Financial Services at [email protected] or (888) 827-9262. Make sure the company is no longer charging you.
By Email (Not Recommended)
- Find your gym through the Anytime Fitness locator at https://www.anytimefitness.com/find-gym/.
- Use the left-hand menu to choose your club.
- Select the “Contact Us” feature.
- Click the “Email Club/Us” option.
- Include your name, email, and phone.
- Under the “Subject,” heading write “Request Membership Cancellation”.
- In the “Message” section, ask to cancel your fitness membership.
- Each club’s cancellation policy is different. You’ll be responsible for any outstanding fees or penalties.
- Submit the letter.
- After your membership expires, contact ABC Financial Services at [email protected] or (888) 827-9262. Monitor for any additional charges.