Ancestry.com is the largest genealogy company in the world in which you can access family history records through Ancestry’s collection of immigration, census, and military records. They offer monthly and annual subscriptions as well as a free-trial membership that you can sign up for. If you find your Ancestry membership no longer needed, follow these simple steps to cancel your account:
- For free trial memberships, you must cancel during the free trial period to avoid being charged.
- Subscriptions that are billed on a monthly basis can be canceled any time, but are not eligible for a refund.
- Full refunds are available for those who paid for more than one month’s subscription in advance.
How To Cancel Online:
You will need: your Ancestry.com login username and password
- Go to Ancestry.com and login to your account.
- Click on “Your Account” under your username.
- Look for the “Subscription Options” section, and click “Cancel subscription.
- Proceed to confirm your account cancellation.
- You will get a confirmation email for your records.
How To Cancel Through Phone:
You will need: Your account email, full name, address, and phone. Sometimes they will request the last 4 digits of the credit card number used to purchase the subscription.
- Call 1-800-262-3787
- Ask for a cancellation and/or refund
- Ask for confirmation number (i.e 145164710)
You can also cancel via email to firstname.lastname@example.org following the same steps.
Once you cancel your subscription, you can still access Ancestry.com through your free registered guest account. You can access your family tree and the free databases.